More than 360 people packed into the Crowne Plaza to see the achievements of Liverpool city region’s most influential business men and women recognised and rewarded. Tony McDonough reports
Fast-growing Liverpool law firm MSB Solicitors scooped two awards at the 15th annual Livercool Awards during a lively ceremony at the Crowne Plaza Hotel.
MSB’s soon-to-retire managing partner Paul Bibby won the award for Contribution to the Business Improvement District at the event, organised by Downtown Liverpool in Business (DLIB) and sponsored by Ascot Property Investments.
MSB partner, and current head of the family department Emma Carey, was named Legal Personality of the Year. Ms Carey will replace Mr Bibby as managing partner of the firm early next year.
More than 360 people packed into the waterfront venue to see the achievements of Liverpool city region’s most influential business men and women win deserved accolades.
Other big winners during the evening included Paul Askew from The Art School Restaurant, Peter Wong from Wongs Jewellers, and Lyndsey Maloney from Peel Ports.
Frank McKenna chief of DLIB, said: “It has been fantastic to reward all of the amazing businesses at another fantastic Livercool.
“The calibre of businesses in the city made a nomination for these awards an achievement in itself. I would like to congratulate all of the winners and wish all the nominees best of luck for next year when the Livercool Awards will return for its 16th year.”
Celebrations went on long into the night with an aftershow party at Kingdom Liverpool. The full list of winners is below:
Sporting Achievement Award – Blane Hyland
- Ambassador Award – Phillip Woolley
- Ambassador Award – Roger Jonas
- Male Networker of the Year – Matthew Powell, Jurys Inn
- Female Networker of the Year – Lyndsey Maloney, Peel Ports
- Employee of the Year – Rebecca Hawkins, Boodles
- Newcomer of the Year – Tony Reed, Ocean Design & Bespoke Ltd
- Business Development Personality of the Year – Emma Tynan, Morgan Sindall
- Legal Personality of the Year – Emma Carey, MSB Solicitors
- Financial Services Personality of the Year (Business turnover up to £100m) – Jon Anderson, Currency Matters
- Financial Services Personality of the Year (Business turnover over £100m) – Mark Armario, Barclays
- Insurance Personality of the Year – Phil Angus, Marsh
- Communications Personality of the Year – Suzanne Grant, Merseyrail
- General Manager of the Year – Kate Keyes, The Restaurant Bar & Grill
- Hospitality Personality of the Year – Oliver Wright, Everton Football Club
- Digital Entrepreneur of the Year – Mike Smith, OPEN Media
- Property Personality of the Year – Susan Patterson, Kier
- Young Entrepreneur of the Year – Matt Farrell, Graffiti Spirits
- Business Personality of the Year – Paul Askew, The Art School Restaurant
- Decade of Excellence – Peter Wong, Wongs Jewellers
- Community Impact Award – Lindsay Inglesby, Rare Dance Studio
- Contribution to the Business Improvement District – Paul Bibby, MSB Solicitors
- Chief Executive’s Award – Marcus Magee, Hilton Liverpool